Monday 14 March 2011

horrible irony

On Saturday, less than 24 hours after I'd first heard about the dreadful earthquake and tsunami in Japan, my latest craft book "Traditional Japanese Tsunami Fabric Flowers" arrived from the lovely Megumi over at Pomadour 24.  Fortunately, Megumi is safe and well, and seems more worried that purchases from her shop might be delayed by the disaster than anything else!

I've been intrigued by these flowers ever since I saw them made in sugar in the beautiful Delicate Sugarcraft from Japan - a wonderful birthday present a couple of years ago.

I'm a huge admirer of crafts from Japan - they always look so fresh and clean.  The attention to detail is amazing - check out the wonderful Fumi Fukumuro's Miniature Flowers in Sugar.

I do so hope that all of our crafty sisters in Japan, and their families, are safe and well in the wake of the terrible events last week.

Here's a little peek at the book.  It's all in Japanese, but there are very clear step-by-step pictorial instructions for the various petals:


I think I'll experiment first with some offcuts of felt from some recent craft projects made with my Brownie pack, but I think they'd also look beautiful in Amy Butler fabric... actually, what doesn't look beautiful in her fabric?!

Wherever you are, be safe.
- Rachel x

No comments:

Post a Comment